Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with outstanding track record in Biological sciences/Biotechnology to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture, environment and other allied
areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as 31-12-2019.The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his/her organization.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/ related areas. The applicant must have outstanding contribution and publication in the specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular permanent position in a University/Institute/Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving salary from an international organization, he/she will be entitled for research grant i.e. contingency only.
In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of ongoing research project under the fellowship.
How to apply for TATA Innovation Fellowship
For application format, download the official notification given below.
Application (2 hard copies) duly forwarded by the competent authority of host Institute should be sent to Dr. Kakali Dey Dasgupta, Scientist “É”, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Room No.729, 7th Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110003, not later than December 31, 2019.
Soft copy of application in the prescribed proforma should be mandatorily submitted online through DBT ePromis portal on or before 31st December, 2019.
In case any difficulty faced in uploading application in epromis portal, please contact ePromis Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the official notification and application form.