Inviting entries to the 2021 Tata Imagination Challenge. Open to college students from any stream across India and Tata employees across the globe.
About The Tata Imagination Challenge 2021
Do you have an idea that inspires you? One that you strongly believe in? Do you think your imagination can make a difference in the world?
Then, the Tata Imagination Challenge 2021 is for you. India’s largest competition that’s open to all college students across the country (Student Track) as well as all Tata group employees across the world (In-House Track).
Rules for eligibility
The only qualification you need for participation is a passion for your ideas and the will to pursue them. If you can bet your imagination can add value and make a difference in the world, or if you have the solution for a tough problem and want to meet the best version of yourself, then the Tata Imagination Challenge 2021 is for you!
You are eligible for this track
- If you are a college-going student (Undergraduate or Postgraduate) from any stream, across the country.
- Are currently an active full-time student
- Have completed 10+2 schooling or equivalent
- Are in any year of college study, after 10+2 schooling or equivalent (1st /2nd /3rd /4th /5th year of college)
- Have enrolled for regular or full-time courses, Undergraduate (UG) OR Postgraduate (PG), in a university/ college as of 1st September 2021, across India.
- Are pursuing courses approved by AICTE or UGC or 1-year management courses by business schools.
- Classes in your academic curriculum have commenced.
You’re not eligible for this track if:
- You’ve been offered admission, but your classes haven’t started.
- You’ve enrolled in a correspondence/distance education course.
- You’ve already passed out of your college or completed your course.
- You are not a full-time student.
- You are on sabbatical from your current employer
You will be eligible for this track if
You are a permanent employee of any Tata company or Tata Joint venture company, globally (Including those who are on sabbatical)
You’re not eligible for this track if:
- You are a working professional who is not on the permanent roll of Tata group companies or Tata Joint Venture companies.
- You are on the rolls of the JV partner of the Tata joint venture company.
Tata Brand Assessment
Do you think you know the Tata brands well? Here’s an assessment that will test your knowledge of various Tata brands through stories and facts. Every registered participant will get to attempt 25 questions in 30 minutes.
Experience elements of gaming in this round, where registered participants indulge in an interactive and exciting 30-minute gamified assessment.
Video Pitch Submissions
Participants will choose an idea of their calling and present a solution for the same through a video pitch submission. Submit your big idea in the form of an executive summary (video of up to 2 minutes) and a detailed presentation (video of up to 5 minutes). The videos should be in .MP4 format and should not exceed 15 MB in size. You can convert and compress your videos at https://www.ps2pdf.com/compress-mp4
Idea Buddy Phase
In this journey, you are not alone! Each candidate shortlisted after Round 2 will be mapped to a young Tata leader as a companion. This Idea buddy will help develop and polish the idea to be presented in the next round.
This round is where you and your idea take center stage. Finalists showcase their big idea – what problem they are solving and how they wish to execute the solution – to a panel of senior Tata leaders. Finalists will also be interviewed by the panelists focusing on their life and career aspirations, and their journey.
The Ideas will be evaluated on the following parameters:
- The originality of thought
- Robustness of the solution
- The approach adopted for the idea
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Deep knowledge about the idea and all the aspects being presented during the final pitch
Awards & Prizes
- A cash prize of Rs. 2 lakh for each winner
- Mentoring sessions by the Tata leaders
- Accelerator sessions by subject matter experts
- Access to Tata Tomorrow University – Their learning portal (www.tmtctata.com)
- Nomination to flagship learning programs
- Popular Choice Awards: Top 3 ideas to be awarded by Popular Choice. In this round, all ideas will be open for voting. Based on the popular choice, the top 3 most voted ideas will be selected. These will be entirely independent of the jury assessments.
- Participation certificate to top participants in each discipline
- “Settle for more Idea”: Apart from the participants and ideas that make it to Round 3, unique ideas would be identified, acknowledged and Tata CliQ vouchers will be awarded.
- Certificate of Appreciation for participants of Round 3
- Taj vouchers for Mini-Challenge Winners
How to Register?
To participate, follow these steps.
- Step 1: Sign up on www.dare2compete.com.
- Step 2: Register for the Tata Imagination Challenge 2021 and choose your track
- Step 3: Kick-start your journey