About the Quiz
‘Tata Crucible – The Business Quiz’ seeks to bring together sharpest young corporate minds in India to take on the heat of the toughest business quiz in India. Youth is a key audience cluster which the Tata Group is focusing its communication at and Tata Crucible is one of the key initiatives towards this engagement.
Tata Crucible was started as a key initiative in 2004, a year which was christened as the ‘Century of Trust’ year to commemorate the death centenary of the Founder of the Group – J.N. Tata and the birth centenaries of two of its illustrious leaders – J.R.D. Tata and Naval H. Tata. It generated huge response as a high quality business quiz in the very first year and has now become an annual event. In a commissioned research Tata Crucible Campus Quiz has been judged highest rated ground quiz by the students of participating colleges.
For the first ten years, the Tata Crucible Quiz was held in 3 parts. Two back to back tracks – separately for Tata corporates and Non-Tata corporates, followed by National Finals. The third track was held for Campus students each year also followed by a National Final.
Since 2014, the quiz is held in 2 parts annually, one part is the Corporate edition, where all corporate houses ie: Tata and non-Tata take part together and second is the Campus edition for students across India. Both the corporate and campus editions will have respective national finals after the city and zonal rounds. Fifteen editions of Tata Crucible Corporate quiz and Tata Crucible Campus quiz have been held so far to enthusiastic response.
- National Final Winner Team: Grand Cash Prize of Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Regional Winner Team: Cash Prize of Rs. 75,000/-
- Regional Runners – Up Team: Cash Prize of Rs. 35,000/-
Rules and Eligibility
- Tata Crucible is a team event. Any two students of the same college/institution can form a team and participate.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE.
- Individual contestants will NOT be allowed to take part. Tata Crucible is a team event.
- Any number of teams from a college/institution can participate in the quiz.
- Competition is open to full-time students from all disciplines.
- The event is not open to junior college/foundation students lower than the undergraduate category.
For more information about rules and eligibility, click here.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can register for the quiz through this link.