About the Taiwan Scholarship Program:
In an effort to encourage outstanding South Asian students to undertake degree studies in Taiwan so as to familiarize themselves with the academic environment in Taiwan and promote communication, understanding and friendship between Taiwan and South Asian countries (India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal), the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the Republic of China (Taiwan) has established the Taiwan Scholarship Program. Apply by March 31.
Number of Scholarships:
Forty-five (45) for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The MOE awards outstanding South Asian students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Taiwan by awarding each recipient of the Taiwan scholarship the following:
- Tuition and payment of academic fees, including credit fee. Upon validation of tuition and above fees, the MOE awards each recipient per semester up to Rs. 86,000 (NTD 40,000).
If the total amount of these fees should exceed NTD 40,000, the remainder of all costs shall be paid by the recipient.
- Living allowance: The MOE offers each recipient undertaking undergraduate studies a monthly stipend of Rs. 32,000 (NTD 15,000). It offers each recipient undertaking postgraduate studies a monthly stipend of Rs. 43,000 (NTD 20,000).
Four years for undergraduate programs, two years for master programs, and four years for doctorate programs. The maximum length of the total awards for each recipient undertaking a combination of studies is five years.
- Applicants must be a national of South Asian countries with a senior secondary school diploma or post-secondary degree(s), with an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
- Applicants should apply directly for admission within the deadlines from each university/ college in Taiwan.
How to Apply?
- Download the application form given here.
- Send the completed application form along with attached documents to Education Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in India (TECC), No. 34, Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi-110057，Tel:+91-11-4141-2416.
The application form should be done on typewriter or computer, and only send by certificate mail. E-mail application form or send in person will not be accepted.
For queries, fill the contact form given here.
For detailed information, click here.