Pier-2 Art Center is located in Taiwan’s second largest city, Kaohsiung. As a cluster of old warehouses next to Kaohsiung Harbor, Pier-2 Art Center positions itself as an artistic, diverse, experimental, creative space which is open to any kind of possibilities. It is a cross-domain art center which includes visual art, music, drama, culture and creativity, film, and entertainment.
A 33-square-meter creation space (including a bathroom) and a 17-square-meter attic that will serve as a living space will be available for resident artists to create artwork, so as to revive Pier-2 and establish a platform for art and cultural exchanges and performances.
Exhibition, installation, performance, workshop, artist talk etc.
Duration: 90 days
Paid by host:
- Studio and living space
- Opportunities for art exchanges
- Roundtrip economy class airline tickets or roundtrip assigned-seating Taiwan High Speed Rail tickets (proof required for reimbursement)
- A daily living allowance of NT$500
- Subsidy for materials (determined based on the plan of each creation)
Paid by artist:
- Artists are required to finish the creation plan before the residency periods.
- At least one project from the resident should be left in Pier 2 Art Center, by mutual consent, before the residency period expires.
- Artist are required to finish the communication and cooperation plan during the residency period (workshop, academic exchange, education programs, community empowerment, etc.).
- Foreign artists are requires to deduct NTD 10,000 from transportation fees (roundtrip) as a deposit. Local artist are required to deduct whole transportation fee as a deposit. The whole deposit will be refunded after the artists submit the closure report, the communication and cooperation plan, and complete the procedure of checking out.
Complete the online application form. Artists can begin residency program 3 months after they deliver the application form. However, artists are also allowed to start residencies before the end of next year. For any further questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.