Department of Tourism, Government of Uttar Pradesh, has initiated a contest to suggest a tagline to reposition itself in the tourism sector. The department wants to select a tagline that would be attractive and last in the minds of people. The tagline should capture the essence of the State, keeping in view the various product offerings of Uttar Pradesh Tourism.
Uttar Pradesh is endowed with a varied spectrum of Tourism offerings. It is home to some of the important Pilgrimage centers of India. It has a plethora of unique wildlife in the Texrai region which is endowed with unique flora and faunal biodiversity. The state is owned by gamut of cultural, religious and heritage tourism assets.
The cuisine of Uttar Pradesh is as diverse as its geography. Uttar Pradesh is also home to rich textiles, crafts, dance/drama, and legacy of musicians adding to the exquisiteness of tourism offerings in the state
For more details please visit www.uptourism.gov.in.
Mission: To be the apex tourism state in the country, inculcating entrepreneurship at the grassroots and be the leader in promoting sustainable, inclusive development through tourism.
The last date of submission is 10th August, 2017.
- The Tagline should be catchy and should not be more than one line in Hindi or English
- Participants should upload the Tagline in MS Word/ PDF format only.
- The tagline should be usable on the website/ mobile app / social media such as Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and on Magazines, Commercial, Holdings, Standees, Brochures, Leaflets, Pamphlets, Souvenirs and other Publicity and Marketing materials
- All the entries received by Department of Tourism, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh would be assessed for award by the Selection Committee.
- Entries would be judged on the basis of elements of creativity, originality, composition, technical excellence, simplicity, artistic merit and visual impact and how well they communicate the theme of the Tourism in Uttar Pradesh.
- The decision of the Selection Committee would be final and binding on all the contestants and no clarifications would be issued to any participants for any or their decisions.
- The disqualified entries shall not be used by Department of Tourism for any purpose and Department of Tourism shall have no intellectual rights over the same.
- Any legal proceedings arising out of the competition/ its entries/ winners shall be subject to local jurisdiction of Lucknow.
- The submission of Tagline is to be made within 30 days of publishing of advertisement on the portal.
- Maximum 10 participants will be selected for prize money for the contest of best Tagline
- 1st prize: INR 25,000
- 2nd prize: INR 15,000
- 3rd prize: INR 10,000
- 7 other winners will be awarded an honorarium of INR 5,000 each.
For more details, please visit this link.
About the Author
The author is a final year law student from Calcutta who takes her subject seriously and passionately. Spends most of her time online, with dozens of browser tabs open at a time. Is a bookworm, pop-culture geek, and a foodie. Willing to work for pizza.