About the Organiser
G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, also known as Pantnagar University, is the first agricultural university of India. It was inaugurated by Jawahar Lal Nehru on 17 November 1960 as the “Uttar Pradesh Agricultural University”.
About the Symposium
The ‘Blue Cross Society, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar’ is organizing an on-line Symposium on Rabies: A threat still to be managed during September 28, 2020.
It is a well-known fact that rabies is one of the most important zoonotic diseases of human and animals. The disease can be better managed by enhancing inter-sectoral cooperation and collaboration among Medical and Veterinary fraternities, Public health authorities, Administrators, Policymakers, Research institutions and Industries to create a healthy world.
This symposium will provide a common platform for all Health Professionals and Social Scientists where they can interact with each other and share their experiences to strengthen the concept of ‘One Health’. The organizing committee feels immense pleasure in extending a warm and cordial invitation to the scientists, academicians, policy-makers, social workers, industry representatives, economists and veterinarians for participation in the symposium.
The symposium will have ten separate sessions, which will include the topics under the following broad areas:
- Session – 1 Inaugural Session
- Session – 2 Thematic Session
- Session – 3 Microbiology of Rabies
- Session – 4 Pathology of Rabies
- Session – 5 Management of Rabies
- Session – 6 Rabies vaccines and vaccinations
- Session – 7 Zoonotic aspects of Rabies
- Session – 8 Epidemiology of Rabies
- Session – 9 Plenary Session
- Session – 10 Valedictory Function
Abstracts(not exceeding 300 words)/Lead Papers (not exceeding 15000 words) with title, author(s) name, e-mail, name of the institution, objectives, methods, results and conclusions etc. using MS word, Times New Roman (Font size 12 in double space) may be submitted electronically to email@example.com before September 10, 2020 along with duly filled registration form. Late submission of Abstract/Lead paper will not be accepted.
- Academic Staff: Rs. 1,000/-
- Students: Rs. 500/-
- Retired Person: Rs. 200/-
- Field Veterinarians: Rs. 800/-
- Foreign delegates: US$ 25
- Member of Corporate Houses: Rs. 2,000/-
- Submission of abstracts/Lead Paper: September 10, 2020
- Last date of registration: September 10, 2020
Dr. Ajay Kumar Upadhyay, Professor & Head
Department of Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology
College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology
Pantnagar – 263145, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand, India
Ph: +91-9411195407, +91-8413043824
For full details, click the link below.