The University of Sydney invites applications from meritorious candidates for the Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program for Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Coursework.
This program intends to foster the engagement between the University and India in our investment in research, collaboration with industry partners and deepening the commitment to education for students to achieve their full potential.
The Sydney Scholars India Scholarships are awarded to exceptional international students. The Scholarship is open to all commencing Indian students enrolled full time in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
A total of 28 scholarships will be awarded annually, consisting of:
- 3 x $50,000 per annum for any undergraduate degree of up to four years
- 10 x $20,000 first-year scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- 15 x $10,000 first-year scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Upon being awarded, the student must remain enrolled at the University of Sydney after the census date.
- hold Indian citizenship and be a current resident of India.
- not be a permanent resident of Australia,
- have applied for, but not yet commenced, an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
Termination of Scholarship
The Scholarship will be terminated if the recipient:
- withdraws from an eligible course or fails to enrol,
- becomes a domestic student,
- commences part-time study without prior approval,
- does not maintain satisfactory academic performance,
- is determined by the University to be guilty of serious misconduct, including, but not limited to, having provided false or misleading information as part of their Scholarship application,
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and personal statement assessed from a student’s application for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree and the details provided in the scholarship application.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the nomination of a selection committee consisting of two academic nominees and two non-academic nominees made by the Vice-Principal (External Relations).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is May 31, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org