Applications are invited for the Swedish Institute Management Programme Asia 2021.
About the Programme
The international leadership programme Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) offers you proven tools and knowledge from experts to put sustainability at the heart of your strategy and take your leadership to the next level. The programme is based on Sweden’s prominent position in innovation and sustainable business – and its connection to the global economy.
To create more impact, SIMP promotes extensive exchange and learning between participants, and facilitates relationship-building and co-creation between businesses and sector organisations in your country. A core fundament in the programme is for every participant to develop and implement an action-oriented sustainability strategy. The sustainability strategy should be an integral part of your overall business strategy.
The programme runs online between May – November 2021 with a follow–up session in February 2022. It contains coaching, interactive workshops and lectures, as well as virtual visits to companies and organisations in Sweden. SIMP is a challenging and interactive programme that demands your active participation and contribution. It is not a series of one-way communicated lectures.
The Swedish Institute covers the cost of training and content for those admitted to the programme.
SIMP will give you –
- In-depth knowledge and skills about sustainable business practices.
- Capacity and knowledge to lead change and promote sustainable business practices in your own organisation.
- Insight into the potential of disruptive technology and innovative design to drive business sustainability.
- Customised expert coaching based on your and your organisation’s needs.
- Access to relevant representatives from the public and private sector in your region and in Sweden to exchange views, knowledge and experiences.
- A unique opportunity of close collaboration and exchange with colleagues at your own level from several other countries, developing strong, long-lasting professional networks.
- Access to the global Swedish Institute alumni network.
Who can Apply?
- While the responsibility for implementing sustainable business practices lies on each business, the supporting environment also plays an important role.
- Participants of the SIMP programme will be selected from both businesses and organisations that have a role in promoting and facilitating sustainable business practices. Through dialogue and partnerships between public and private sectors, sustainability solutions will be more effective.
General criteria that apply to all applicants:
- You must be a citizen and resident of China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam.
- Your organisation or business should be locally owned and based in one of the SIMP countries.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of making things happen.
- You are willing to support and share your experience and knowledge with other participants.
- You have a proficient command of written and spoken English.
- No age restriction.
- Around 30–45 participants will be selected to the programme.
All phases of the programme are designed for active participation and capacity building: with interactive lectures, group exercises for deepening and applying acquired knowledge, and practical applications. The programme consists of three phases. Phase one is open for all selected participants. To qualify for participation in phase two and three, you need to fulfil some criteria (e.g., active participation and completion of tasks) and be highly motivated to work with sustainable transformation in your business/organisation.
- Phase one: Strategic mapping
- Phase two: Strategy development
- Phase three: Strategy implementation
The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the SIMP application form
- A broad assessment of the suitable experience and qualifications.
- The general qualifications of the applicant.
- The business/organisation’s willingness and readiness to work for sustainable business. It is important that your business/organisation is motivated to implement new learnings from the programme as this is a hands-on program.
How to Apply?
Create your application online in the application portal. Filling in the application form online takes about 60 min or more and there is no session saving possibility. Kindly have the following ready as one document/file (PDF) before starting to fill the application:
- Passport size photo of yourself
- Nomination letter from your organisation/business recommending you represent the business/organisation and participate in the SIMP Asia and
- CV (needed when filling out the application form)
March 31, 2021
For more details, click the link below.