Applications are invited for Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship 2022 by Govt of India. The last date of application is 4 May 2022.
About the Fellowship
The Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India under its “Waste to Wealth” Mission invites applications for the award of “Swachhta Saarthi Fellowship” to recognize students, community workers/self-help groups, and municipal/sanitary workers who are engaged in tackling the enormous challenge of waste management, scientifically and sustainably.
The fellowship is an initiative to empower young innovators who are engaged in community work of waste management/awareness campaigns/waste surveys/studies, etc. as Swachhta Saarthis and implement actions to reduce waste for a greener planet.
The role of young students from schools and colleges, citizens working in the community through Self Help Groups (SHGs), and sanitation workers, is key in sensitizing the community towards waste management and offer innovative solutions for conversion of waste to value. This fellowship is aimed to empower citizens to continuously engage in their attempts to reduce waste in cities and rural areas.
- Category-A: School students – 9th to 12th standards (The applicants should give credentials of their teacher/guardian who will ensure submission of monthly, half yearly and yearly progress reports)
- Category-B : Students from UG & PG colleges, Universities/ Institutions and Research students/scholars
- Category-C: Individual Community Worker/ Self Help Groups (SHGs) – (a maximum of two applications can be submitted by one SHG) and Sanitation workers
4 May, 2022.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
- 04 Feb: Start Date and Time 02:00 PM
- 04 May: Closing of Application 11:59 PM
- 04 Jun: Announcement of Result 02:00 PM
- In Category A : An amount of Rs. 500/- per month would be given as Fellowship for a period of 1 year subject to continued monthly participation and reporting.
- In Category B: An amount of Rs. 1,000/- per month would be given as Fellowship for a period of 1 year subject to continued monthly participation and reporting
- In Category C: An amount of Rs. 2,000/- per month would be given as Fellowship for a period of 1 year subject to continued monthly participation and reporting
- Best performing fellow in each category will be recognised as the Swachta Saarthi of month
- At end of the year, 10 best innovative projects/ initiatives/ demo model/ prototypes/ reports will gain recognition under the programme.
You may also be interested in:
- Urban Fellows Programme (UFP) 2022-23 at IIHS, Bangalore [9 months; Scholarships Available]: Apply by April 25