The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India is organizinga National short films competition, ‘SwachhataFilmon ka Amrit Mahotsav’under Phase 2 of Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen (SBMG)and in celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The department aims to take forward the extraordinary milestone of Open Defecation Free (ODF) India achieved in Phase 1 of SBMG (2014-19)by sustaining toilet usage andembarking on the path of ODF Plus in villages through comprehensive Solid and Liquid Waste Management.
The competition will act as a massive Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaign to raise mass awareness on ODF Plus goals as underlined in SBMG -Phase 2 by encouraging participation by individuals and institutions to contribute their ideas and creativity in short films format capturing various components of ODF Plus.
There are two categories and many themes you may choose to make short film and participate. You may send as many entries as you like. The two categories are: (1) Thematic Category i.e. based on six components of the Swachh Bharat Mission Phase 2, or ODF Plus. And (2) Geographic Category i.e. focused on a geographic terrain.
In this category the film should capture a holistic Swachhata messages or provide innovative solutions related to solid and/ or liquid waste management (SLWM) in rural areas.
Category 1(Thematic category): Make a short film on either of the following themes defined under ODF Plus. Keep in mind that the settings must be rural.
- Bio-degradable waste management (BWM)
- Plastic Waste Management (PWM)
- Greywater management (GWM)
- Faecal Sludge management (FSM)
- Behaviour Change
Category 2 (Geographic Category): Here you are required to make a film that captures a holistic swachhata message or provides a technical solution for solid and /or liquid waste management in rural areas. However, these swachhata messages or solutions should be specific to following five geographical areas.
You may choose any one of the five geographical areas or may submit many films each focusing on any one of the geographical areas.
- Desert Areas
- Hilly Areas
- Coastal Areas
- Flood prone Areas
- The competition is open for participation to all citizens/Indian Nationals above the age of 10 years except the employees/PMU members and their relatives of Water and Sanitation Departments of Central and state governments.
- In the Institutional category, The Gram Panchayats (GPs)/Community Based Organizations (CBOs)/Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)/Self Help Groups (SHGs) are also eligible to participate.
- Film duration to be between 1 minute and 5 minutes
- The entries are eligible in all recognized Indian languages/dialects.
- Only entries based on rural settings will be accepted for the purpose of this competition.
|Competition Launch Date:||16th April, 2021|
|Competition End Date:||30th June, 2021|
Cash prizes in the category 1 for each of the above six themes are as under:
|First Prize:||Rs 1,60,000/-|
|First Runner Up prize:||Rs 60,000/-|
|Second Runner Up prize:||Rs 30,000/-|
Cash prizes in the Category 2 for each of the above five geographical areas are as under:
|First Prize:||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|First Runner Up prize:||Rs 1,20,000/-|
|Second Runner Up prize:||Rs 80,000/-|
For official notification, click on the below link.
For more related opportunities, check here: