In pursuance of the objectives of the Swachh Bharat Mission launched as a national movement on October 2nd, 2014, the Ministry of Human Resource Development, in association with the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin), Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, is launching a ‘Swachh Bharat Summer Internship’ programme.
The internship is open only to the registered students of the higher educational institutions, and they are expected to take up a project for promotion of cleanliness, by spending an approximate duration of 100 hours the village selected by the student.
Each institution is required to assign at least one Nodal Officer (who shall be registered on the website) who will guide students throughout the internship as per the guidelines enclosed.
Official website of Swachh Bharat Internship 2018-19
A website has been developed for the purpose of registration and reporting throughout the internship period, the link to which is here.
Students interested to join the internship programme are required to register and report the activities conducted during the internship period on the same website.
The registration for the summer internships will be open from 25th April till
15th May 2018 . June 15, 2018.
The official notification for deadline extension is given here.
Components of Swachh Bharat Internship
- The student enrolled for the internship is expected to adopt one or more villages and conduct activities of their choice to contribute to the cause of rural sanitation in India.
- Duration: At least 100 hours in the period 1st May to 31st July 2018 during Summer Vacation
- The parent institution to organize necessary logistics for the activities
- As a part of the internship, the activities that participants may conduct have been categorized into two clusters:
- Information-Education-Communication activities
- Solid Waste Management related activities
An orientation video for youth towards sanitation activities in the rural context will be uploaded on Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) YouTube channel.
On completion of the summer internship, the best 3 interns/ teams of interns would be awarded at college level and their names would be forwarded for eligible awards at University level/ State and National level.
- All participants will be given a Swachh Bharat Internship Certificate on completion of their internship and its approval by the parent institution.
- 2 curriculum credits will be given by institutions affiliated with UGC to all interns whose
internships are certified by the parent institution as eligible for the credits on the basis of higher parameters.
- The Best interns will be recognized at college, university, state and national levels as
- College Level: Shields / cups given by parent institution
- Cash Awards in addition to certificates (Provided by MHRD/MDWS)
- University Level : Rs 30,000, Rs 20,000, Rs 10,000
- State Level: Rs 50,000, Rs 30,000, Rs 20,000
- National Level: Rs 2 lakh, 1 lakh, Rs 50,000
For full details, view the official notification given here.