Applications are invited from young motivated journalists for the Svran-Apeejay Journalism Foundation Grants 2019.
About the Foundation:
The Svran-Apeejay Journalism Foundation’s mission is to selectively intervene in the journalism eco-system to support quality.
The selective intervention allows the foundation to have the maximum impact while not duplicating the efforts of others.
The foundation is politically, philosophically, and ideologically agnostic, and supports the inclusion of thoughts and ideas from a diverse range of sources.
About the Grant:
The first program of SAJF is to provide strings free grants to eligible journalists to pursue a story in long form to be published in any medium (print, video, digital, etc.) which are positive (enlightening) in nature about India or any of its sub-regions.
To start with the foundation is offering four grants a year of INR 3,00,000 each distributed over six months (INR 50,000 per month).
Professional journalists who need support to go the extra mile.
- Minimum 5 years as a professional journalist in India. (as defined as journalism being a major or main source of income).
- Minimum of 2 years working in recognized outlets on stories.
- Professional Eligibility can be waived if a NOC / Recommendation is given by any two panelists. The option to upload NOC letters/e-mails are provided for in the online application.
- The proposed story must be positive (enlightening) in nature and be about India or one of its sub-regions.
- The story must be substantial in content and depth and not simply a short article, video, or post.
- How impactful would the end product be?
- What is the likelihood that the work product would be completed in six months?
- Is the money being used efficiently and to the maximum effect?
- Is this a story that has not been covered before or has not been covered thoroughly enough?
Click here to apply.
May 10, 2019.
For queries, fill the form provided here.
For further information, click here.