The National Insitute of Technology, Surat invites applications from meritorious and motivated candidates for admission into its Ph.D. program for the academic session 2021-22.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Candidates admitted into the Ph.D. can apply as per the following categories:
- Full-Time: Students who are willing to pursue research on a full-time basis.
- Part-Time: Institute Faculty, Staff, and Project Staff, Faculty & Project Staff working in any Technical Institution approved by AICTE, Candidates working in any Public/ Private Sector Organization.
The eligibility for admission to a Ph.D. Program in faculty of Engineering, Science, Humanities and Social Science, as well as Interdisciplinary areas, are as follows:
- A candidate shall possess a Master’s Degree in the relevant area of research and should have passed with at least a second class with a minimum of 50% (CGPA=5.5) or equivalent in respective Engineering faculty and 55% in other cases, like programs related to Humanities and Sciences.
- If a student of full-time M. Tech. Program at the Institute willing to change over to a Ph.D. Program of the Institute, he may be permitted to do so at the beginning of the second year provided He/ She has obtained a CGPA of 9.0 or above after having registered for the full credits of course work in each of the first and second semesters of M. Tech. program.
- Candidates, who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with an exceptionally good academic record (CGPA 9.0 / equivalent marks or higher) in prescribed discipline, will also be considered for direct admissions to a Ph.D. program subject to if He / She should be eligible for admission to an M.Tech/ M.E. program in a relevant stream by virtue of his excellent valid GATE score. He/ She should be top 10% scorer of his/ her related branch.
- Full-Time research scholars paid by the Government/ Semi-Government Organizations such as CSIR, UGC, QIP, DAE, AICTE, etc will receive their stipend and contingency grants from their supporting organizations.
- Part-Time Institute Faculty/ Staff are expected to work for their Ph.D. Programs will be fulfilling their normal duties.
- Full-Time Sponsored candidates are recipients of complete financial support.
How to Apply?
The candidates applying for admission to the Ph.D. program for the 2021 academic session will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 2000/- (for OP/OB) and Rs. 1500/- (for SC/ST) through the online payment portal of the institute.
To apply online, click here.
The last date to apply is June 4, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below:
- Integrated Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at IISER Berhampur [Monthly Fellowship Rs. 12k]: Apply by June 21.