The Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT) is a state university in Waknaghat, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India. The University is offering M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering), M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering), M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering [Information Security]), M.Tech Civil Engineering with Specialization in a)Structural Engineering, b)Construction Management and c)Environmental Engineering), M. Tech (Biotechnology).
About the Training Program
Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh, India is offering project based summer training for the duration of 4/6 weeks in June-July 2020 in different areas of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics applicable to students doing M. Tech., B. Tech., M.Sc., and B.Sc. in different subjects.
Following are the training modules floated for the upcoming Summer Training Program – 2020:
- Microbial Biotechnology & Bio-energy: General Microbiology Techniques – handling, isolation, preservation and staining. Screening and isolation of computer munching microbes. Bioreactor design, fabrication and working.
- Molecular Biology Techniques: Plasmid isolation, Genomic DNA Isolation, DNA and RNA gel electrophoresis. Restriction analysis, Cloning and PCR amplification of a given gene, sequencing and genome annotation.
- Microbial Pathogens & Medical Genomics: Handling of BSL1 & 2 organism, Mutation, Immunodiagnostic techniques – Double Diffusion, Rocket Immunoelectrophoresis etc, ELISA, Agglutination and PCR based (DNA) Diagnostic Techniques, Identification of SNP through RFLP, DNA fingerprinting for forensics, cDNA sysnthesis, Quantitative real-time PCR.
- Industrial Plant Tissue Culture: Establishment of callus/cell suspension cultures/somatic embryogenesis/artificial seeds; Different micropropagation techniques & technologies for different plant species; In vitro production and quantification of medicinally important secondary metabolites
- Bioinformatics: Bioinformatics: Fundamental concepts of bioinformatics, Information retrieval from biological databases, biological sequence analysis through computational methods, sequence alignments (pairwise, multiple, global, and local), phylogenetic analysis, Structure prediction and validation, Docking, Introduction to functional and computational Genomics, Perl/Python, HTML, MySQL and Computational Systems Biology.
- Industrial Biotechnology & Food Biotechnology: Food fruit juice fermentation, Food analysis and quality control (Sugar content, pH, phenolic content, anti-oxidant content, ethanol content), Downstream processing. Monod’s Growth kinetic parameters, Immobilization of whole yeast cells.
- Enzyme Technology: Folin-Lowry’s and Bradford Method for protein concentration estimation, Michaelis Menten kinetic parameters (Vmax, KM, Ks, Kcat), Ammonium sulphate precipitation, Enzyme Dialysis, SDS-PAGE, Enzyme Immobilization.
- Nanobiotechnology: Introduction, Nanomaterial synthesis: Synthesis of silver, zinc and copper nanoparticles, Nanomaterial characterization using various analytical technique such as UV-vis spectroscopy, Functionalization of nanoparticles using various biocompatible ligand, Nanomaterial-ligand interaction, Applications: antimicrobial activity and MIC calculation.
- Proteomic Technologies: Protein extraction from different biological samples, quantitative estimation of protein, spectroscopic analysis of proteins, in-gel and in-solution protein digestion, protein profiling methods using One dimensional gel electrophoresis, comparative proteome analysis using two dimensional gel electrophoresis and quantification software.
|Training Duration||Summer Training Fee|
|4 weeks||Rs 9,500|
|6 weeks||Rs 11,500|
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can fill the form available here.
May 15, 2020
Dr Jata Shankar
Summer Training Coordinator – 2020
Department of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
Jaypee University of Information Technology
Waknaghat, Solan -173 234, (H.P.) India
Office: 01792-239225; M: 9882628534