Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Prayagraj Department of Biotechnology is organizing one-month summer training program in biotechnology from 27 May to 27 June.
The complete course broadly covers four areas of biotechnology namely, Microbiology, Molecular, Agricultural biotechnology, Computational tools for Biotechnology, Nano Technology and Immunology and Fermentation Technology, Environment and Enzyme Engineering.
Participants will get the maximum exposure of recent tools used in the aforementioned areas of biotechnology.
- Polyphasic taxonomical approach for systematic identification of microorganism.
- Understanding the concepts and techniques of bacterial genetics.
- Screening of free-living rhizobacteria for their multiple plant growth promoting traits.
- Toxicological assessment of environmental pollutants on microorganisms by exploiting flow cytometric approach.
- Molecular biology techniques such as PCR amplification & gene cloning.
- Allele specific PCR for mutation analysis.
- Database search and sequence analysis, clonal bisulphite sequencing analysis
- Protein structure prediction, Molecular modelling and docking.
- Up-stream and down-stream processing of Pectinase and its application in fruit juice clarification.
- Bioprocess development for ethanol production from lingo-cellulosic biomass Immobilization of enzyme, In silico engineering of the catalytic site of an enzyme.
- Synthesis, Characterization, toxicity assessment and applications of Silver and Gold\ nanoparticles.
- Isolation and identification of immune entities from human blood, Cytokine production upon polyclonal stimulation.
- Extraction of phytochemicals for various applications.
- Study of Antiurolithic activity of herbal plant molecules.
- Estimation of food inhibitors in food grains.
- Study of antioxidant activity of plant molecules.
- Biofilm formation and quantification.
- Microscopic visualization of bacterial biofilms.
- Study of quorum sensing process.
Who Should Apply
The course is designed for undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars of institutes, universities, and colleges.
The course aims to provide up-gradation of knowledge and skills for UG/PG students/ research scholars and other stakeholders involved in proposed areas of the training program.
The course has been designed to cover both theoretical as well as the practical concepts in the respective fields.
Undergraduate and postgraduate students, research scholars of Biotechnology or allied
fields from UGC/AICTE recognized university/ institute.
Course Fees is Rs. 14,000.
How to Apply
Download the application form from here and send the duly filled form to the “Chairman, STPB 2019, Department of Biotechnology, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Prayagraj-211004, Uttar Pradesh, India”, along with the application fee [Demand draft] so that it may reach by 20th May 2019.
Please also send a scanned copy of your application form, relevant documents and demand draft to following email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates, who will pay through online mode, have to send a scanned copy of their application form and relevant documents via email mentioning their transaction details.
- Last date of receipt of the application form via email: 20th May.
- Last date of receipt of the hard copy application form via post: 20th May.
- Confirmation will be intimated by (through e-mail): 21 May.
- Course duration: 28th May 2019 to 27th June.
Phone No: 97940 49630, 87657 87601
Email: hbiod[at]mnnit.ac.in, ambakrai[at]mnnit.ac.in