The National Institute of Advanced Studies is organizing a Summer School on State, Society and Security from May 18 to 23, 2020.
The summer school aims at understanding the intricacies of ‘security’. Designed on a holistic approach, considering the inevitable linkages between human, social, national and international aspects of ‘security’, it engages with the theoretical foundations and empirical inquiries. The summer school provides a focused academic environment for young scholars to acquire knowledge and deliberate on the issues related to ‘security’.
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) was conceived and founded in 1988 by the late Mr. J. R. D. Tata, who sought to create an institution to conduct advanced multidisciplinary research. The objective is to nurture a broad base of scholars, managers, and leaders who would respond to the complex challenges that face contemporary India and global society, with insight, sensitivity, confidence, and dedication.
- Exposure to the critical discourses of security: Methods and approaches to understand security.
- Lectures by the eminent scholars, debate and discussion-oriented sessions.
- Exposure of the acquired knowledge for the future.
- Career Guidance
- Networking Opportunity,
Masters Students, First-Year Ph.D. Students, and Research Enthusiasts are invited to apply.
The registration fee is Rs. 20,000 for the summer school. The registration fee includes the course completion certificate, Accommodation during the training program, Food (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner), Course material for participants and social events.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Candidates are requested to pay the registration fees by sending a D.D. drawn in the favor of National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore.
- Candidates are requested to send the filled-in registration form to Dr. Anshuman Behera to Head Administration, National Institute of Advanced Studies, IISc Campus, Bangalore- 560012.
- The last date to register is April 15, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org