Centre for Writing & Communication, Ashoka University invites application for its Summer School on Research Writing during June 10-14.
About the Summer School:
This will be an intensive, 5-day research writing workshop focusing on developing and revising postgraduate and M.Phil dissertations. All research scholars across India are welcome to apply.
The selected candidates will work closely with the senior scholars at the CWC on their specific writing samples through lectures, in-class exercises, and one-on-one sessions.
The workshop covers different aspects of research writing including:
- Writing a Research Proposal.
- Developing a Literature Review.
- Plagiarism and Citation.
- Creating an outline and a bibliography.
- Revision Strategies that Work.
- Tips for Last Minute Editing.
The Research Writing Workshop is a paid programme. Applicants are required to submit a fee of Rs. 2000/- per person.
Ashoka will provide transport from Jahangirpuri metro station to its Sonepat campus and will provide lunch and tea.
How to apply?
- Applications to be sent to cwc[at]ashoka.edu.in with the subject line ‘Application for CWC summer school’ by April 26, 2019.
- The application should include a ‘statement of intent’ explaining your interest in the workshop (500 words), one page CV, and a research proposal/chapter from your research work (3000–5000 words).
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.