The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal is organizing an Online Summer School on Machine & Deep Learning for Remote Sensing Applications from July 5 to 16, 2021.
The proposed summer school presents tutorials for the application of machine and deep learning for remote sensing data. It also highlights many real applications of remote sensing and contains sessions for the participants who may not have a strong background in the field. The purpose of the two weeks online summer school is to provide an intensive understanding of how to use the machine and deep learning algorithms and to equip the participants with software tools for solving practical problems in the remote sensing domain.
NITK Surathkal is a premier Institute engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. NITK is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by an act of Parliament. NITK has carved a niche for itself among the best technical institutes in India. NITK offers 9 UG, 26 PG programs, and Ph.D. programs.
The primary objectives of the course are as follows:
- Introducing participants to the fundamentals of remote sensing image processing and analysis.
- Building confidence and capability amongst the participants in the application of remote sensing, image processing, and analysis using machine and deep learning.
- Providing exposure to practical problems and their solutions, through case studies in remote sensing applications.
- Enhancing the capability of the participants to identify new applications of remote sensing involving image processing and analysis using machine and deep learning.
- Introduction and Applications of remote sensing
- Remote Sensing in Ecology and Forestry Applications
- Fundamental of Image processing concepts for remote Sensing
- Introduction and Mathematical understanding of ANN
- Theoretical Aspects of Deep Learning in Geospatial Technology
- Machine Learning for SAR Data Analysis
- Geospatial data Processing and Analysis with Python and GDAL
- Atmospheric Correction of Satellite data using Python
- Introduction and Mathematical understanding of 2D CNN
- Machine Learning for Data Processing in Earth Sciences
Who can Attend?
- Students at all levels (Ph.D/ M.Tech/ MSc/ B.Tech (3thYear))
- Faculty members from academic institutions.
- Engineers and researchers from Industry organizations including R&D laboratories.
There is no registration fee for the summer school. To register for the summer school, click here.
The last date to register is June 28, 2021.
You might also be interested in: