The Financial Research and Trading Laboratory of IIM Calcutta and Indian Finance Association is organizing the second teaching summer school on Finance and Accounting during April 22-26, 2019.
About IIM Calcutta:
The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) was established as the first national institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in November 1961. It has been playing a pioneering role in professionalizing Indian management through its Post Graduate and Doctoral level programs, Executive Training Programs, Research, and Consulting Activities.
About the Summer School:
This is a fully residential programme which will expose participants to the art of teaching by using relevant case studies. The topics are carefully chosen by experts and contain the following features:
- Teaching theoretical Concepts using real business problem-based case studies.
- Discussion on the relevance of the theoretical concepts in the Indian context.
- How to make teaching more effective for potential managers.
- How to include research to update participants with new developments.
- Understanding Financial Statements and the inter-relationships
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Understanding Costs for Managerial Decision-making (CVP Analysis, Relevant Costing)
- Responsibility Accounting – Performance evaluation in Decentralized Organizations
- Investment Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Valuation of firms
- Derivatives and Risk Management
Each participant will have the following takeaways:
- Understand how to select and discuss the relevant case studies with theoretical concepts.
- Learn how to develop the pedagogy for finance courses.
- How to include contemporaneous research in teaching.
- How to update the course material with real business problems.
Who can attend?
Assistant and Associate Professors in the area of Finance and Accounting and Ph.D. students in relevant areas can apply for registration.
The Financial Research and Trading Laboratory, IIM Calcutta, Kolkata.
- Domestic participants- Rs. 11,000 plus applicable GST.
- Overseas participants- Rs. 21,300 ($300) per person.
- Domestic participants- Rs. 16,500 plus applicable GST.
- Overseas participants- Rs. 35,600 ($500) per person.
The fee would include course materials, accommodation on twin sharing basis and all meals.
March 31, 2019.
Click here to register.