Summer Research Program at The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai [May-July]: Apply by Feb 28
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for its Summer Research Program for the year 2020.
IMSc has a limited program for highly motivated bachelors and masters students interested in research in the areas of Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science and Computational Biology to visit the Institute over their summer vacation. In addition, IMSc also accepts students through the summer program organized by the joint Indian Academies of Science.
To apply for our summer programs please follow the instructions for the respective fields:
- Theoretical Physics
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Computational Biology
This is a limited program, depending on the availability of infrastructure and faculty advisors. We typically select about 25 students across disciplines although this number varies a bit from year to year. These visits typically span 6-8 weeks during the summer (May-July). There is also a provision for a 4-6 month visit, typically during January-April or August-November for extended project work.
Selected students will be paid 2nd class round trip train fare plus Rs.200 per diem. Accommodation will be provided in the hostel during summer, subject to availability. Since our ability to provide accommodations is often limited, we suggest that students also explore alternative possibilities for a stay in Chennai. Accommodation will not be provided for longer visits.
Students currently in their pre-final or final year of BSc/ BE/ BTech or first-year MSc/ME/MTech or equivalent with a good academic record are encouraged to apply through IMSc’s formal application process.
How to Apply?
- To apply online for the summer research program, click here.
- Incomplete forms will be rejected. After filling the form, click the Submit button.
- Upon submission of application, Referee will receive an email consisting of Application Id, Applicant Name and credentials to validate the referee’s email.
- The Referee needs to use the credentials to complete the Recommendation online.
- The Last date for submission and validation is February 28.
- The Last date for receiving the Recommendations is March 5.
Phone Number: 91-44-22543100
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.