About the Internship:
Applications are invited from outstanding students for the Summer Research Internship 2019 (SRI2019) Program at the Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences (MCNS), Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka. MCNS carries out fundamental research in the natural sciences.
The SRI Program is an annual event which runs for 6 weeks over the summer.
Opportunities for SRI2019 are available in the following research areas:
- Reactor Physics.
- Nuclear Physics.
- Observational Astrophysics.
- Theoretical Physics & Particle Cosmology.
- Organic Chemistry.
- Evolutionary & Computational Biology.
Who can apply?
Highly motivated students currently enrolled or have completed M. Sc./M. Tech./fourth year integrated M. Sc./M. Tech. programs and highly motivated third or fourth year B. Sc./B. Tech. students may apply.
- A consolidated stipend of Rs. 15,000.
- Free shared on-campus hostel accommodation.
- Interns work closely with eminent faculty and their teams in a pure research environment.
- This is an excellent opportunity to become acquainted with both experimental and theoretical techniques in application to contemporary problems at the forefront of fundamental research.
How to apply?
- Click here to access the application form.
- Filled Application form in a single PDF file must be sent by email to sri[at]manipal.edu on or before 29th April 2019.
- Two letters of recommendation (to be sent to the above e-mail address) from referees, who have taught you or are familiar with your academic work.
- Last date for applications: April 29, 2019.
- List of shortlisted candidates announced: May 5, 2019.
- Skype interviews will be conducted between 6th – 11th May 2019.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +91 820 2923571