Science Academies’ Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2020 for Students and Teachers: Apply by Nov 30
- About the Programme
The three national Science Academies (Indian Academy of Sciences Bengaluru, Indian National Science Academy New Delhi, The National Academy of Sciences, Prayagraj) offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2020. Applications are invited from interested students and teachers from all universities and colleges affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships.
Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch (II, III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
Teachers must be teaching at a College/University.
The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above for students. The minimum percentage of average marks does not apply for teachers. PhD students are not eligible. Also, Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
The application should include:
- the application form in the prescribed format available here
- scanned copies of marks sheets from class X till the last examination
- a write-up (in about 150-250 words) as to what the applicant wants to learn and achieve
Student applicants should provide the email id of one of their teachers or HoD familiar with their work. The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The selected candidate should work with the assigned guide for two months any time during the calendar year, preferably during the summer.
Nov 30, 2019
Coordinator: Mr C S Ravi Kumar
Phone: (080) 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221
For more details, click here.
About the Author