Applications are invited from eligible candidates for BIOINFOStAT-Summer Program 2020 at ICMR-National Institute for Research in Environmental Health, Bhopal.
The Summer Internship Program in BIOINFOSTAT is 04 weeks long hands-on training course offered by the ICMR-National Institute for Research in Environmental Health (ICMR-NIREH), Bhopal. Participants of this program will experience the excitement of working environment in a unique academic ambiance apt for cutting-edge scientific discourse.
- It is a conventional classroom lecture based on some popular training programs, software tools (Excel, SPSS, R & Python software) awareness and field survey.
- The selected candidates/trainees will be assigned to a number of lectures by staff scientists who will motivate/supervise/mentor him/her during the stay.
- Each student is expected to execute a small project work under the guidance of the program coordinator.
- At the end of the program, the student will need to submit a ‘Project Report’ of the work done, and also would be required to make an oral presentation.
- Understanding the basic concepts of Bioinformatics.
- Database systems and biological databases.
- Genomics and Proteomics.
- Molecular Modeling.
- Machine learning used in Python.
- Understanding the basic concepts of biostatistics.
- Description of the various terms of statistics.
- Different data plotting techniques.
- Different classifications of probability distributions.
- Get to know various analysis techniques.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research.
- Elements of Research Design.
- Social and Behavioral Research.
- Method of Data Collection and Interview Techniques.
- Ethical issues in research
The internship program is open to all MBBS interns and postgraduate students (preferably who will complete their 1st year/2nd Semester in mid-2020) of Bioinformatics, Biostatistics and allied (Environmental Science, Epidemiology, Biotechnology, Health-Statistics, Statistics, and Demography) subjects.
The registration fee for the course without accommodation is only Rs. 3,000/-.
How to Apply?
- The scan copy of the application form must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15/04/2020.
- The names of the selected candidates will be made available on the NIREH homepage at the end of April 2020.
- It may be noted that no separate intimation would be sent to any candidate, and thus all applicants must look for his/her name in the ‘selection list’ on the NIREH homepage only.
- To download the application form, click here.
- Last date for receipt of Application: 15 April 2020
- List of the selected candidates on NIREH homepage: 30 April 2020
- Acceptance to the Program: 15 May 2020
- Program schedule: 15 June -10 July 2020
Email ID: email@example.com