Applications are invited for Summer Internship at CSIR–CMERI in 2021 from students who would be completing 6th Semester of their B.E/B. Tech courses by May/June 2021 at IITs, NITs and other reputed Universities and Engineering Colleges of the country in the following disciplines:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation
- Manufacturing Engineering/Technology
- Metallurgy & Materials Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
To offer opportunities to eligible and interested students to participate in the ongoing research activities of the Institute for obtaining practical research experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering and allied areas.
Summer Internship: 4 to 8 weeks during Summer Vacation (May to July of 2021)
Like previous years, the total number of students who will be inducted as (i) Summer Interns, (ii) as Student Fellows deputed by “AcSIR- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2021” scheme and also (iii) as Summer Research Fellows deputed through the National Science Academies (INSA, IAS and NASI) – will be decided as per the requirements under different ongoing projects in the R&D Groups of Institutes.
- B.E/B. Tech students are eligible for the Summer Internship programme after completion of their 6th Semester in any of the disciplines mentioned above.
- The students deputed by AcSIR under the “AcSIR-Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2021” scheme will be accepted without any screening.
- Also, for students who will be deputed through the National Science Academies (INSA, IAS and NASI), no screening criteria have been kept, since screening already would have been done at their end.
However, for other applicants, the eligibility criteria are as follows:-
- The student must be studying in a recognized College/University/Institute with a stream relevant to the R & D area of CSIR–CMERI, as mentioned above.
- He/she should have passed both his/her board examinations of class X and class XII with satisfactory marks, preferably securing 1st Division/Class. In addition, his/her CGPA up to the last exam passed in the BE/B Tech course of study has to be at least 7.5. The applicants must produce self-certified copies of these documents along with their applications.
Applications are to be submitted by post or by hand delivery to the address given below. The envelope containing the application along with the documents as mentioned below is to be superscribed as SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME at CSIR–CMERI, 2021.
Department for Business Innovation and Skills
Academic Complex (1st Floor)
CSIR–Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
Mahatma Gandhi Avenue
P.O. – Durgapur-9
Dist. – Paschim Bardhaman; West Bengal
PIN – 713209
The following documents must be submitted with the application –
- Original copy of the Recommendation Letter from the Head of the Institution / Head of the Department / Training and Placement Officer mentioning their aspirations and the date & period of proposed Summer Internship at CSIR–CMERI.
- Self-certified copies of mark sheets/grade cards and certificates of all examinations passed (starting from board exam of class X)
- Bio-Data (as per format available here)
- Discipline(s) in which the internship is sought.
Training Fees & Accommodation
- An amount of Rs. 5,000/- (Non-refundable) is to be deposited by the selected candidates within the time period mentioned in the notification (to be displayed on CSIR–CMERI website by last week of April, 2020) by means of NEFT or other mode of Bank Transfer. The Bank Account details of CSIR-CMERI will also be notified on CSIR–CMERI website in the last week of April, 2020. On successful completion of the internship, all the interns will be provided with Certificates.
- During their period of stay at CSIR-CMERI, Durgapur, accommodation may be arranged only for limited number of out station candidates on payment basis, if available and request is made well in advance along with their applications. Other students will have to make their own arrangements of stay. The decision of the concerned authority will be final and binding in this regard.
When to Apply?
Applications must be received by the Head, Department for Business Innovation and Skills at CSIR– CMERI, Durgapur latest by March 31, 2021. The list of selected candidates (including wait listed ones, if any) will be notified on CSIR–CMERI website by last week of April, 2021.
March 31, 2021
(Dr. Anjali Chatterjee)
Head, Department for Business Innovation and Skills
CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
Mahatma Gandhi Avenue
Durgapur – 713209
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, click the link below.