Applications are invited for the National Human Rights Commission’s (NHRC) Summer Internship Programme 2019 to held during May 16-14. Apply by April 15.
About the Summer Internship Programme 2019:
With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the National Human Rights Commission has been regularly conducting ‘Summer and Winter Internship Programmes’ since 1998 and 2000 respectively.
This year the “Summer Internship Programme 2019 (SIP 2019)” will commence
from 16 May 2019 (Thursday) to 14 June 2019 (Friday) (30 days). Applications are
invited from eligible students of the entire country.
- Students who have completed the 1st year and pursuing in 2nd OR 3rd year of 3 years LL.B. Course are eligible to apply.
- Students who have completed 3 years OR VI Semester 5 years Course of BA/BBA.LLB., etc. and pursuing in 4th & 5th years are eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing LL.M Course.
- Students pursuing MA in Human Rights, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work (MSW), Criminology, Public Administration, Rural Development, History, Economics, Commerce, Anthropology, International Relations and any of the discipline of Social Sciences would be considered with preference to students pursuing their final year. Only students of regular courses of UGC Recognized Universities will be eligible.
- Students must have attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII.
A 500 words write-up (hand-written only) on the topic “Reason for joining as Intern in NHRC” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (As indicated by them write-up).
- Classroom sessions.
- Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson and Members of NHRC.
- Project work on Human Rights issues.
- State Presentation on human rights scenario of the State to which interns belong to.
- Book Review from NHRC Library.
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion.
- Field Visits.
- Cultural programme on the eve of Valediction Day of the SIP 2019.
Travelling Allowance & Stipend:
The selected interns from outside Delhi will be allowed ordinary second-class train fare to New Delhi and back to their place of study through the shortest route. All selected interns will be paid an amount of Rs. 8,000/- (Rupees Eight Thousand only) as the stipend.
An amount of Rs. 15,000/- will be distributed to the interns who are placed in I, II and III position in the order of merit.
How to Apply?
The Application duly forwarded by HODs may please be sent by Post (any mode)/ ByHand (superscripted on the envelope “Application for SIP 2019”) to Dr. Sanjay Dubey, Director (Administration), National Human Rights Commission, Manavadhikar Bhawan, Block-C, GPO Complex, I.N.A., New Delhi-110023.
April 15, 2019.
Phone: 011–24663283, 24663371/ 9868393317.