Summer Internship Program at International Finance Corporation [May-Sep, USA]: Apply by Jan 20
IFC hires summer interns each year for a minimum period of four weeks between May and September to work on discrete projects in Washington, D.C. or in one of IFC’s country or regional offices.
IFC’s Summer Internship Program (SIP) receives about 1500 applications each year, from which 30-40 candidates are short-listed and posted in an Internship Program database accessible to all IFC regional, industry, and corporate departments. Short-listed SIP candidates are directly hired and paid by interested departments. The hiring decision depends on the needs of the department and the particular profile of the candidate.
Assignments cover various areas of work, such as participation in sector-specific business development, investment proposal review, financial modeling and analysis, portfolio management, and advisory services activities.
Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of an MBA or similar graduate program. Specific selection criteria include:
- Strong interest in and commitment to impact investing and sustainable private sector solutions
- Work experience (3-6 years) in finance, which could include investment banking, project finance, corporate finance, consulting, private equity, credit analysis, commercial banking, and/or portfolio management
- Knowledge of sectors relevant to IFC and emerging markets experience preferred
- Strong analytical, quantitative, communication and negotiation skills
- Business development and client relationship skills
- Enthusiasm for working in multicultural teams and across borders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; proficiency in one or more other languages including Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish strongly preferred
IFC will accept applications online till January 20, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and their application will be posted on an internal database accessible by all IFC departments globally.
For any further information, visit the website here.
About the Author