Summer Internship in Computational & Experimental Analysis in Industrial Applications at MNIT Jaipur [May 20- Jul 5]: Register by May 8
About the Program
Summer Internship Program (SIP) is an additional part of the course curriculum for the students of B.Tech and M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and other engineering disciplines. This is a great opportunity for you to gain experience of research, develop project management skills, enhance your CV – and earn more knowledge in real Industrial problems. Internships run for six weeks through the summer.
Students are allocated self-contained projects by academic supervisors, spanning a broad range of subject areas and feeding directly into current research and teaching activities. During the SIP, each student is assigned to handle the various equipments and machines available in the laboratory.
This course will be introductory in nature addressing the fundamental understanding as well as the applications of composite materials.
- Fabrication and Development of Polymer/Metal alloy composites
- Friction, Wear, Lubrication, the importance of tribology,
- Basic characteristics of contact surfaces, Friction: causes of friction in mechanical systems
- Modelling and Simulation of various wear Mechanisms
- Biotribology for dental and Hip prosthesis applications
- Tribology analysis of automobile brake friction analysis
- Tribology analysis of brake lining applications
- Tribology analysis of piston ring applications
- Tribology analysis of marine structural applications
- Tribology analysis of bearing applications
- Tribology analysis of hydro-turbine blade applications
- Tribology analysis of wind turbine blade applications
- Mechanical properties characterization is also to be performed for all the selected candidates. Like fracture mechanics, tensile strength, flexural strength, compression strength, impact strength, hardness test analysis along with few thermal and physical properties analysis
- To introduce the basics of Hyper-Mesh/ ANYS and its features.
- To perform bending analysis of simply supported beam under uniformly distributed load using HyperMesh/ ANSYS.
Who can apply?
Aspiring student of B. Tech (1st, 2nd and 3rd year)/ M.Tech / Ph.D in Mechanical/Automobile/ Aeronautical / Materials/ Polymer / Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Materials Science etc can apply for program. Entries from interested final year polytechnic students can also be considered.
- Registration closes: 8th May 2020
- Notification of Selection: 11th May 2020
- Commencement of program: 20th May 2020
The registration fee for B.Tech students Rs. 7,000/- + GST@18% and for M.Tech/ Ph.D students: Rs. 25,000/- + GST@ 18% is to be paid through demand draft drawn in favour of “Registrar, MNIT Jaipur” payable at JAIPUR or through NEFT transfer.
Dr. Amar Patnaik
For more details, click here.
About the Author