Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Summer Internship Opportunity at Pfizer.
Pfizer Inc. is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered on 42nd Street in Manhattan, New York City. The name of the company commemorates its co-founder, Charles Pfizer. Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for immunology, oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, and neurology.
About the Internship
The drug-product process-modeling team (PMET) in Worldwide R&D, Pfizer seeks a Summer Intern (UG level) to support the team to develop new computational tools to support the development of drug-dosage forms (tablets, capsules, multiparticulate beads, ointments/creams, etc.).
- The successful candidate must be proficient in fundamental engineering/physical concepts such as mass, momentum, and energy transport phenomena; and a mathematical ability to setup and solve linear, non-linear, and differential equations.
- Strong programming/coding skills and experience with numerical techniques is required. Proficient in programming using some standard language: C/C++, Python, R, Matlab, etc. Familiarity with modeling techniques like discrete element method (DEM) and/or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) will also be desirable expertise.
- As close collaboration with Pfizer project scientists is essential – candidates must have excellent communication skills. This summer intern position is available for 8 weeks and candidate will be expected to work remotely with Pfizer scientists.
Finished 2nd or 3rd year of engineering in Chemical/Mechanical/Pharmaceutical/Material or related discipline.
- The intern will aid in delivering value to Pfizer’s product pipeline by contributing to process modeling and development of new computational tools.
- The interns will share their learnings across the broader R&D organization.
- The intern will get a chance to apply fundamental engineering principles in the context of pharmaceutical drug product research and development.
- The intern will also focus their programming experience towards development of engineering and related solutions for the PMET team.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: