The USA-India program run by the New York University Tandon School of Engineering is funded by the National Science Foundation to provide the US students an opportunity to spend a summer at the National Institute of Technology-Surathkal (NIT-K) in India. The program will place students in research labs for 10-weeks for research on cybersecurity and machine learning in additive manufacturing.
The NYU and NIT-K faculty will jointly mentor the students. The selected Indian students will be paired with the US students to learn about each other’s’ culture and society and conduct high-quality research in a collaborative environment. Due to the Covid-19 related travel restrictions, the program will be conducted in the remote mode in Summer 2021 with interactions between the USA and Indian participants using video conference.
- Designing security strategies for additive manufacturing for intellectual property protection
- Machine Learning for detecting compromises in additive manufacturing files
- Current undergraduate Junior or Senior or M.S. level students enrolled in mechanical engineering, Materials Science, and computer science/ engineering programs in the US or Indian institutions
- US Citizenship or permanent residency is required for US-based students. The participating Indian citizens should be enrolled in accredited Indian institutions
- Good academic standing
- No travel will be required this year; the participants will work from their own locations.
- Program dates June 7 – August 13, 2021.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is February 14, 2021.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.