Applications are invited for Summer Internship at CSIR–Central Mechanical Research Institute from students completing 6th Semester of their B.E/B. Tech courses at IITs, NITs and other reputed Universities and Engineering Colleges of the country in the following disciplines:
Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation, Energy Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering/Technology, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Water Resource Engineering.
Duration: 4 to 8 weeks during summer vacation (May to July of 2018)
- B.E/B. Tech students are eligible for summer internship programme after completion of their 6th Semester in any of the disciplines mentioned above.
- The students deputed by AcSIR under the “AcSIR-Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2017” scheme will be accepted without any screening.
- Also, for students who will be deputed through the National Science Academies (INSA, IAS and NASI), no screening criteria have been kept, since screening already would have been done at their end. But the total number of students thus inducted would be limited to 33 (thirty three) for 2018 summer months. In addition, 7 (seven) teachers also would be inducted through the National Science Academies who would be carrying out their separate internship programme under the mentorship of selected scientists of the institute.
- The student must be studying in a recognized College/University/Institute with a stream relevant to the R & D area of CSIR–CMERI, as mentioned above.
- He/she should have passed both his/her board examinations of class X and class XII with satisfactory marks, preferably securing 1st Division/Class. In addition, his/her CGPA up to the last exam passed in the BE/B Tech course of study has to be at least 7.5. The applicants must produce self certified copies of these documents along with their applications.
How to apply
Applications in the format given in the notification below must be received by the Head, Skill and Innovation Promotion Group at CSIR–CMERI latest by March 31, 2018.
The list of selected candidates (including wait listed ones, if any) will be notified on CSIR–CMERI website by last week of April, 2018
Sri Soumya Sen Sharma
Head, Skill and Innovation Promotion Group
CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
Mahatma Gandhi Avenue
Durgapur – 713209
For full details, view the official notification given here.