The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Subregional Office for South and South-West Asia (ESCAP SSWA), based in New Delhi, offers internship opportunity for a minimum of two months with an opportunity for extension to up to six months.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of staff member(s) in ESCAP-SSWA which they are assigned to.
Under immediate supervision, the intern is responsible for contributing to the research project(s) related to the work programme of SSWA for the implementation of the SDGs. The topic of the project will depend on the intern’s background, skills, and interest.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme but shall be computer literate in standard software applications.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019.