Applications are open for Summer Internship 2019 on Modelling, Simulation, and Analysis of Mechanisms and Machines at Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur during May 15-June 30. Apply by May 10.
About the Institute:
Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur is one of the NITs established by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI). At present, in addition to the research, consultancy and developmental activities, the Institute offers UG and PG level courses (M.Tech./M.Sc. & Ph.D.) to about 4500 students in almost all leading fields of engineering, technology, management, and sciences.
This Summer Internship is aimed to make learn the trainees the theoretical concepts and practical aspects of Modelling, Simulation, and Analysis of Mechanisms and Machines.
It is well known that the world of Virtual Experimentation through such commercial packages has replaced the traditional method of validation/verification of a design or theory, and has also drastically reduced the time and money spent on final physical testing.
These tools are used nowadays in almost all engineering fields, including automotive, aerospace, defense, and many others.
At the end of the training, the participants:
- would have learned the theoretical concepts of Engineering Drawing, Mechanical Drawing, and Finite Element Methods, and Kinematics and Dynamics of Machines.
- also would have practical hands-on on the relevant modeling, simulation and analysis tools AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Hypermesh, Motion View/Solve, and MATLAB.
The training is aimed to include the following contents:
- Introduction to Engineering Drawing, Mechanical Drawing:- Methods of Projection, Isometric and Orthographic Projections, Projection of Lines, planes and Solids, Section of Solids.
- Introduction to Finite Element Method:- Basic Steps of FEM, FEM Modelling and applications of FEM to 1D Problems in Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer Problems.
- Hands-on training on Modelling, Simulation and Analysis packages, such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Hypermesh.
- Kinematics and Dynamics & methods of synthesis and analysis of mechanisms and machines:- Introduction to Kinematic Diagrams, Degree of Freedom, Four-bar Linkages, Grubler’s Criteria Linkages: Position Analysis, Linkages: Velocity and Acceleration Analysis.
- Hands-on Training for building and analyzing multibody systems using Altair Hyper works Motion View and Motion Solve software and MATLAB.
Who should Attend?
The Summer Internship Programme is intended to provide an opportunity to train the undergraduate (UG)/graduate (PG) students as well as a faculty of engineering at Degree/ Diploma levels.
Rs. 15000 (with GST @ 18%).
How to Register?
Email your completely filled registration form along with scanned copy of DD or NEFT/RTGS
the transaction at dkumar.mech[at]mnit.ac.in.
- Dr. Himanshu Chaudhary
- Dr. Dinesh Kumar
- Dr. Amar Patnaik