R.C.Bose Center for Cryptology and Security of Indian Statistical Institute offers a dedicated research internship program in Cryptology and Security to senior undergraduate and fresh post-graduate students from premier institutions of the country.
The internship is supported by Microsoft Research India. Applications for the internship program are sought from eligible students of Computer Science, Electronics, Information Technology, Electrical, Mathematics, and Statistics background.
Information regarding the program
- This year, the program will be held for eight weeks, May 13, 2019 to July 5, 2019.
- Selected candidates will be notified by mid-April.
- Selected outstation candidates will be offered to and fro AC-III train fare, and all selected candidates would be provided with a stipend to cover the costs for on-campus accommodation and boarding.
- Limited on-campus accommodation will be provided to selected candidates.
To apply for the Internship 2019, one MUST have been either of the following, as on 15 March 2019.
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd year student of a 4-year Under-Graduate program (final year students not eligible)
- 1st or 2nd year student of a 3-year Under-Graduate program (final year students not eligible)
- 1st year student of a 2-year Post-Graduate program (final year students not eligible)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student of a 5-year Integrated program (final year students not eligible)
Eligible fields of study: Computer Science (CS/CSE etc.), Electronics and allied disciplines (ECE/EE/ETCE/EIE etc.), Information Technology (IT), Mathematics (Math) and Statistics (Stat).
Note that 1st year students (of eligible disciplines/programs) will be considered for the Internship only in exceptional cases, while 2nd and higher year students will all be considered equivalently.
How to apply
- For applying you will need a Google account. The questionnaire (application form) will be given in Google Forms.
- Here is the link to the selection questions for Summer Internship 2019. Please solve the problems before filling out the application form.
- The link to the application form is here.
- The application form should be submitted within 28th March, 2019 midnight.
- Candidates who qualify for the second round will be notified individually by 6th April, 2019, and may be asked to provide further information/ solve problems.
- After the second round of selection final list of the selected candidates will be published by 15th April, 2019.
- Keep a soft copy (scanned image, doc, or pdf file) of your detailed solution / calculation readily available. If selected for the second round you may be asked to submit it. Your detailed solution / calculation should contain the essential steps to solve the problem also it should contain your name and the name of your institute. It is your responsibility to maintain sufficient clarity, legibility, and authenticity of your solution.
All queries should be addressed to email@example.com with the subject :Summer Internship 2019: Application”.
For official link and updates, click here.