The internship at the Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology is for a minimum of two months with an opportunity to extend up to six months, if required by APCTT.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Location: New Delhi.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in proofreading texts for errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling. Correct issues relating to style and editorial policy.
- Assist in editing English language of the draft documents, concept notes, policy papers, publications etc.
- Checking for repetition and summarizing succinctly to send clear messages to the intended stakeholders.
- Assist in editing the presentation style of the draft and the appropriateness in line with the UN templates.
- Assist in editing/or suggesting effective ways of presenting Power Point Presentations, prepared for the APCTT programme.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); OR
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.