Submissions are invited from eligible candidates for the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2023.
About the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
The Government of India decided to Institute an award to recognize the excellent work done by individuals and Institutions in India in the field of Disaster Management like Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Rescue, Response, Relief, Rehabilitation, Research/ Innovations or Early Warning. The award shall be designated as the “Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar Award.”
- Only Indian nationals and Indian institutions are eligible to apply for the award.
- For institutions, voluntary organisations, corporate entities, academic/research institutions, response/ uniformed forces or any other institution may apply as an institution for the award.
- The candidate for the award must have worked in the area of Disaster Management like Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Rescue, Response, Relief, Rehabilitation, Research/ Innovations or Early Warning related work in India.
- The application must be accompanied by details of the work done in disaster management and must highlight achievements in anyone or more of the following areas:
- Saving human lives
- Reduction in impact of disasters in terms of loss of lives, live stock, livelihoods, property and adverse socio-economic effects on communities
- Mobilisation and provision of resources for effective response during disasters
- Immediate relief work in disaster hit areas and communities
- Effective and innovative use of technology in any field of disaster management
- Disaster mitigation initiatives in hazard prone areas
- Capacity building of communities for response and risk reduction
- Early warning systems and dissemination of disaster risk information to people on real time basis
- Scientific/ technical research and innovation in any field of disaster management
- Post-disaster recovery and rehabilitation
- Continued availability of critical infrastructure and basic services during disasters
- Creating awareness among the masses for preparedness against disaster
- Any other area related to Disaster Risk Management
No. of Awardees
Who can Nominate?
Any individual and institution can nominate an individual or institution for the award. The application for the same can be filed between 1st July to 31st August each year.
- A Screening Committee may be constituted by Member secretary/ member, NDMA to screen all the application received.
- This Screening Committee shall vet the applications for eligibility and completeness. It may also verify the authenticity of work claimed to have been done by the candidates. After this, the Screening Committee shall place the applications before Jury.
The award shall be announced on 23rd January each year, on the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
How to Submit?
Interested participants can submit for the Puraskar through this link.
August 31, 2022