The Students for Liberty Colloquium on “Why is India Poor?” is organised by Students for the Promotion of International Law, Mumbai in collaboration with SFL South Asia on Sep 21, 2019. A day-long collaborative, intellectual dialogue in which participants read a common text and examine its meaning and implications together.
The Colloquium explore and test the veracity of the popular notions about India’s poverty by putting them under rigorous reason-based scrutiny and to understand the discrepancy between poverty and the myths that surround it. The colloquium on this topic will raise questions like:
- Is over-population triggering poverty?
- Are our cultural attitudes reasons for our backwardness?
- What explains the widespread poverty in our country?
- Is economic freedom a boon or a bane?
How to Register
The interested participants can register for the Colloquium through this link before Sep 15, 2019.
Date, Time and Venue of Colloquium
Sep 21, 2019, at Government Law College, Mumbai from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Registration for the event is Free.
- All participants will be provided with Certificates of Participation.
- Last date of registration: September 15th, 2019
Contact Person: Anas Khan, Alessandra Shroff
Phone: +91-9638807626, +91-9820067961