Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world.
With this in mind, Google is pleased to announce the 2020 Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) internship in Singapore. It will be open to under-represented groups who will be in the second year of their university studies by Summer of 2020 and are studying Computer Science or a related subject. This program includes three main components: a software project, skills-based training, and professional development.
Student Training in Engineering Program
This summer trainee program includes:
- Software Project: A development project that you will work on with a team of Googlers and other STEP Interns.
- Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills, and gain exposure to new tools and programming languages.
- Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers. Additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, approach technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Google Engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Fun: Engage in social activities, community building and networking. Build relationships with your peers.
- Exposure: Gain a unique glimpse into applying your Computer Science studies in a professional environment.
Who can apply?
- Currently in second year of study, enrolled in a Bachelor’s program, majoring or intending to major in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Programming experience in either Java, Python, C or C++.
- To apply, click here.
- Last Date for Application: October 31, 2019.