Applications are invited for Student Internship 2021 at NABI Mohali. Walk-in-Interview is scheduled for 23 November 2021.
Food and Nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires the following personnel purely on an internship basis for two months as a part of Scientific Social Responsibility. The position will not be extended beyond two months.
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security.
Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition.
- Essential Qualification: Students should be undergraduate in engineering or postgraduate in Science.
- Desirable: Candidate having chemistry/botany/life sciences/biotechnology/biochemistry background will be preferred.
- Development of Glycoconjugates based site directed fluorescent sensor for the detection of bacteria CRG (Dr. Nitin K Singhal)
- Genomics-guided exploration of polyketide synthases for sustainable production of long chain omega-3 fatty acid via metabolic engineering (Dr. Hena Dhar)
- Genomic approaches to reduce β-ODABP levels in Lathyras spp (Dr. Pramod K K)
- Development of microalgae-based feed supplement for enhanced bioavailability of essential micronutrients for monogastric animals (Dr. Gulshan Kumar)
- Elucidating the role of wheat ferroporting during cellular iron homeostasis. (Dr. Ajay K Pandey)
- Mining non-host resistance (NHR) genes for engineering Alternaria Blight resistance in Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea) (Dr. Sivasubramanian)
All interested candidates may appear for Walk-In-Interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge city, Sector-81, Mohali- 140306, Punjab on 23rd November, 2021 at 09:00 AM along-with the duly filled application form.
The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI from 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM on 23rd November 2021.
Two months from date of commencement of training.
Rs. 5000/- per month Fixed.
You may also be interested in: