BIT Mesra Ranchi to hold STTP (Short term training programme) on 5G Mobile Communication Networks on 9-13 Dec 2019. Over the years, the mobile communication has been transformed from a pure telephony system to a network that can transport rich multimedia contents, which has greatly improved people’s ability to communicate.
During last four decades mobile communication has witnessed developments from 1G to 4G, and now it is leading towards 5G mobile communication networks, which is expected to be deployed by the year 2020. 5G is focused not only on increasing data rate, rather it provides a new path for thinking. 5G would need a mobile communication network that can accommodate enormously large number of connected devices, machine to machine communication, ambient intelligence and Internet of Things.
It will require enormous upgrades and new set of technologies. The parameters on which 5G system will be developed include system capacity, data throughput performance, reliability, security, latency, energy consumption, technology convergence and cost.
- What is 5G? How to achieve it?
- Channel Models for 5G
- Channel Impairments and Removal Techniques
- Millimeter Wave Communication, Terahertz Communication
- Multiple Access Schemes for 5G, NOMA, GFDM, BDMA
- FBMC Modulation
- Cognitive Radio Networks (CRN) and Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Massive MIMO
- IOT, D2D Communication and Sensor Networks.
- Antenna Design for 5G
- Optical Wireless Communication (FSO, VLC)
- Sparse Signal Processing for 5G
Who can attend?
Faculty members, PhD/PG students and industry personnel interested in learning 5G and its enabling technologies. This course can be extremely beneficial for teachers. The seats are limited. The applications will be selected based on first come first serve basis.
- Faculty members (BIT): INR 2,500
- Faculty members (Non-BIT): INR 3,000
- PhD/PG students (BIT): INR 1,500
- PhD/PG students (Non-BIT): INR 2,000
- Industry: INR 5,000
- Interested candidates can register via this page.
Last date for registration is 20th November, 2019.
Dr. Sanjay Kumar: 9431386274
Dr. Sanjeet Kumar: 7992310903