About the Specialization
Enhance leadership and business skills for immediate impact. Practice everyday leadership, manage people, learn and apply concepts and techniques to effectively manage organizations through organizational design, and formulate and implement strategy.
Through the courses in this specialization, you will learn the fundamentals to effectively lead people and teams, manage organizations as well as tools to analyze business situations and develop strategies. The Specialization covers the strategic, human resource, and organizational foundations for creating and capturing value for sustainable competitive advantage – including how to manage people and organizations, analyze the competition and develop strategies both within a business and across a portfolio of businesses.
The capstone is a strategic leadership and management plan where you’ll apply what you will learn to an actual business situation with participation by one or more focal companies. The deliverable will be designed to create value from the perspective of potential employers while achieving pedagogical and experiential goals for learners.
This Specialization is part of the University of Illinois Masters of Business Administration degree program, the iMBA.
What you will Learn?
- Strategic Management
- Business Strategy
There are 7 Courses in this Specialization
- Foundations of Everyday Leadership
- Applications of Everyday Leadership
- Designing the Organization: From Strategy to Organizational Structure
- Managing the Organization: From Organizational Design to Execution
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Strategy
- Strategic Leadership and Management Capstone
- Deepak Somaya, Professor of Business Administration, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign College of Business Department of Business Administration
- Elizabeth A. Luckman, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Business Administration
- Gregory Northcraft, Professor of Business Administration and Harry J. Gray Professor of Executive Leadership, College of Business, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Joe Mahoney, Professor of Business Administration, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign College of Business Department of Business Administration
- Michael Bednar, Associate Professor, Business Administration
- Huseyin Leblebici, Professor of Business Administration, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign College of Business Department of Business Administration
- Denise Lewin Loyd, Associate Professor of Business Administration, Department of Business Administration
- Jeffrey Loewenstein, Professor, Department of Business Administration
- Jeff Flesher, PhD
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme