The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences is organizing a Strategic Human Resource Development Event from October 23 to 28, 2017.
About the Workshop
The QIP sponsored programme on Strategic Human Resource Development for Competitive Advantage is an Interactive Workshop aimed to develop an understanding in designing strategic HRD system and its contribution in organizational performance.
This course offers a mix of theoretical and case based practical hands on approach to understand the dynamics of strategic HRD. It will provide a comprehensive understanding of strategic issues in human resource development, its alignment with business activities and linking it with performance that can better equip people to plan , teach, and research in the area of strategic HRD, and also for executives who are responsible to design , develop, and execute effective HRD system in their organizations.
The topics selected for this course will expose participating faculty to the latest trends and concepts in strategic HRD. The programme aims to cover topics like defining features of strategic HRD, how SHRD adds value to the business, theoretical and practical models of SHRD, factors facilitating and enabling strategic HRD in organizations.
- Defining strategic HRD and its characteristics
- Traditional and strategic HRD systems
- Aligning Strategic HRD with business
- SHRD: Role of line managers, HRD professionals
- Developing Strategic HRD systems and practices
- Culture and strategic HRD
- Knowledge management and strategic HRD
- Linking Strategic HRD, Learning and change
- Case studies, assignment and presentations
|Six working days||IIT Kharagpur||23 October – 28 October, 2017||9.00 – 5.00 PM||Department of HSS, IIT Kharagpur|
Participants from industry and other non QIP Institutions will pay a course fee of 9500/- per person.
They should send the DRAFT in favour of CEP-IIT KHARAGPUR to the undersigned along with the application form. They have to pay for their board and lodging, which can be arranged in the guesthouse upon request.
- The course is fully sponsored by MHRD under the QIP. It does not require a Course fee to be paid by the participants.
- They would also be reimbursed up to 3rd AC fare by shorted route. It is open for teachers of Engineering or Management Institutions approved under QIP, who are interested to gain knowledge in the field of strategic HRD, and to industry professionals working in strategic HRD and apply the related knowledge and skills in their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through people.
- The form needs to be filled by the participant and endorsed by HOD or similar supervising authority.
- A hard-copy filled-in form is necessary before the participant joins the course. However, an advance copy as an attachment to the email address of the coordinator can be sent to secure a seat.
- There are 30 seats only for QIP canddidates.
- Last date for submitting application is September 15, 2017.
- Selection will be made on the basis of merit, relevance of the program to the candidate and timely application.
- All QIP candidates also have to send a draft of rupees 500/-which is refundable provided they get selected and attend the programme. If selected and not attending the programme, this money will not be refunded. In case of non-selection in the programme, the amount will be refunded to the candidate immediately.
All communications should be addressed to
Prof. K B L Srivastava
STC on Strategic Human Resource Development
Department of HSS, IIT Kharagpur, W.B. Pin: 721 302.
Tel: 03222-283624 (O), 283625 (R), Fax: 255303/282270
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org