The Alliance is seeking a team of diverse health policy and systems researchers and communicators to develop stories of change on elevenlow- and middle- income countries that provide an overview of how theHPSR environment has changed between 2009-2019 at the country level, and what the Alliance’s contribution to those changes has been.
Who can Submit
For consideration for this award, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- The principal investigator (PI) should:
a. Have several years of broad global health research experience in LMICs, including HPSR;
b. Have experience with or exposure to the work of the Alliance;
c. Be involved in or published on research capacity assessment or research impact assessments; and
d. Have experience with doing capacity development for research in LMICs.
- The team should:
a. Comprise of 1) a core team that defines methods and research tools and oversees work in multiple countries, and 2) a network of key people and HPSR collaborators living in or with knowledge of the relevant countries;
b. Be familiar with quantitative and qualitative research approaches, especially for understanding contribution and impact of policies and programmes;
c. Demonstrate language skills outside of English as appropriate for the countries;d.Have experience using innovative approaches to communicating research findings.
- For all Alliance research projects, we require a gender balance, with women comprising at least 50% of the research team.
How to Submit
Submissions of bids should be made at email@example.com
Please use the subject: WHO Bid Ref. Call for Proposals: Country-level stories of change.
Submissions should be no more than 8 pages, excluding annexes (standard font at size 11, 1.15 line-spacing, normal margins) and should include the following:
- Name of the bidding institution, including contact details and name of the key contact person/principal investigator.
- Composition of the proposed team: names, expertise, function in their institution, role in team, and experience relevant to the call. CVs should be included as an annex to the submission.
- Description of the proposed methodological approach. This should articulate how the team will go about collecting these 11 stories and how the methodology will situate these country stories in global trends. There should also be a clear description of how the contribution of the Alliance to change in the HPSR environment will be assessed. And finally, it should outline how it is envisioned that these stories are presented.
- Itemized budget and timeline of activities lasting no more than nine months between January-September 2020.
November 12, 2019 by 23:59 CET.
Funding and period
The maximum amount of funding available from the Alliance will be US$ 185 000. No further funding will be provided by the Alliance within and beyond the project period. The activities should take no longer than nine months and are expected to commence roughly in January 2020.