About the STC
Short Term Course On Advances in Manufacturing Methods and Process Optimization will edify the participants about the newest and advanced manufacturing practices those offer several fruitful solutions while processing latest and difficult-to-machine materials used in different industrial sectors. Furthermore, it will also be highly valuable in order to exchange ideas, knowledge, skill and experience among participants and experts relevant to the STC contents.
This course will offer in depth coverage of various issues like Advanced Machining Methods, Hybrid Machining Approaches, Micro Level Cutting, Different Aspects of Process Accuracy, Decision Making in Uncertain Environment, Optimization of the Selected Processes, Modelling of Process Outcomes, Design of Experiments, Post Processing Surface Microstructure, Surface Integrity etc.
In brief, the objectives can be outlined as:
- To explore the newest and advanced machining solutions, applications and challenges.
- To study the hybridization of manufacturing techniques i.e. USM, RUSM, EDDG, RDECDM, etc.
- To aware the students/faculty/researchers regarding the additive manufacturing.
- To discuss about the advances in surface integrity and characterization.
- To explore the concept and significance of designing the experiments.
- Applicability of Taguchi & Response Surface Methodology.
- Advances in modeling of several process responses.
- Selection of optimum operating conditions through decision making.
- Manufacturing process design and optimization techniques.
- Real life case studies on modelling and optimization of different advanced manufacturing processes.
Who can attend?
Research scholars/ Industry professionals/ Faculty members/ Students of an Engineering Institution can attend the STC. The interested persons need to apply to the ‘Course Coordinator’ in the prescribed format by due date (through proper channel).
- The registration fee for participants is INR 500/- to be submitted in form of DD in the favor of “The Director, NIT Jalandhar”, payable at “Jalandhar” or registration fee can also be paid in CASH at the registration desk on spot.
- Registration fee includes Registration kit, Course material, Coffee/tea during session breaks, working lunch and course certificate.
- Please register in the prescribed format on or before 08th December 2019 and send the duly filled registration form on email ID: stc.ammpo19[at]gmail.com
- Applications will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis. A maximum number of participants allowed for this course will be 40.
Dr. Mohit Tyagi