About the course
There has been tremendous advances in science and technology is past several decades. Advances in one field have been driven by the advances in various other fields and their correlations. These advances are due to our deeper understanding of the basic principles involved.
Advanced functional materials are at the heart of many recent technologies. Due to this reason, a thorough understanding of these materials is critical to sustaining this development. The proposed short term course on “Advanced Functional Materials” is designed with this goal in mind.
Main objectives of the course are:
- Dissemination of the existing knowledge in the field of materials science to the participants.
- Introduction of the upcoming cutting edge technologies.
- Challenges faced by the researchers working in the field of materials science.
- Awareness about the importance of the recent advances in the field of materials science.
Who can attend?
The Resource Persons for the course will be highly experienced faculty members from reputed Institutes like IITs, Central/State Universities, Research Laboratories, IISERs, etc. Students and faculty members from government and private organizations are eligible to attend the course. The course is of interdisciplinary nature.
- Last Date of Registration: 18/12/2019
- Intimation regarding acceptance: 23/12/2019
- Registration fees: Rs 1500 for faculty and Rs 1000 for students.
- Only limited numbers of seats (50) are available.
- The interested persons need to apply on the address of the coordinator on the prescribed performa latest by 18/12/2019 through proper channel.
- No TA/DA will be paid to participants for attending the course.
- A limited number of rooms with shared accommodation (on chargeable basis) in Hostels are available in NIT Jalandhar. Accommodation will be arranged on request on first come first serve basis.
Dr Abhinav Pratap Singh
Mobile: 9915240730 (Dr A P Singh)
e-mail: jaiswarsinghap[at]nitj.ac.in, abhi.pr.s[at]gmail.com
Dr Kiran Singh