Applications are invited for State Resource Coordinator (Contract) at IIM Jammu for the year 2021. The last date of application is 25 July 2021.
IIM Jammu invites application for the position of State Resource Associate (SRA) for the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF). MGNF is a Certificate Program in Public Policy and Management (CPPM) offered by IIM Jammu that seeks to equip and train individuals for a period of two years to work in state or district administrative activities. The CPPM is designed with inputs from the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. The MGNF seeks to strengthen local institutions and schemes in helping achieve their potential.
The candidate will be under contract and will be expected to work most of the time in one of the state capitals of selected states/UTs where IIM Jammu will be offering the program. In this regard, the candidate is expected to communicate in the language of the state they will work in. Candidates must be conversant/proficient in local language. Regular travel to the IIM Jammu campus to assist with managing the MGF is expected as per requirements.
The successful candidate is expected to join a team of academics and practitioners in documentation, planning, assisting with monitoring and evaluation, and helping the MGNF participants develop economic development and go-to-market strategies that are driven by district level resources and skills. This will require the candidate to engage with both IIM Jammu and external stakeholders in the discovery process for district level development processes.
- Essential: Master’s in Management/ Social Sciences/ Statistics/ Development Studies/Rural Technology/ or related fields
- Desirable: Skills in IT, action research, training and data analysis are preferred. Familiarity and ability to use MS Office, and statistical software (R/Stata) is desirable
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in the development sector, rural development etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
- Familiarity with report writing is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working on policy and programmatic issues with multiple stakeholders including national, local governments and civil society organizations including community organizations.
- Attention to detail, planning, and task-orientation
- Travel will be required on the job.
The MGNF contract is for a period of two years. Initial offer will be given for one-year, extendable up to the duration of the project. SRC contracts will be for up to a year with possibility for extension, subject to mutual interest, funding availability and performance reviews.
Interested candidates can register via this page.
Jammu, Srinagar, Kolkata and Puducherry
Interested candidates may submit online application on or before 25th July 2021 by 05:00 PM.
You may also be interested in: