The Star Writers Program is a seven-month course in television writing. All writers admitted into the course will receive a monthly stipend of INR 70,000. The course is followed by a two-year writing contract with Star.
- You need to be 21 years old or above.
- You should be a graduate in any discipline.
- You should be fluent in spoken Hindi and English and should be able to write in English.
- You should be passionate about content.
How to Apply:
- Register: To apply, first fill out the Registration Form.
- Download the Writing Challenges: Once you’ve registered, scroll down on this page. You’ll come to the section, “The Two Writing Challenges.” There you’ll see links to the “Scene and Dialogue Challenge” and the “Story Challenge.”
- Complete & Upload your writing challenges: And you’re done for the moment. About three months after the application period close, 40 to 60 of the writers we shortlist will be flown to Mumbai (at our expense) where they will participate in the Mumbai Challenge.
Application Deadline: February 17, 2019.