Applications are now invited from exceptional Early Career Scientists for the Stanford Science Fellowships 2020. Stanford Science Fellowships are intended for exceptional early-career scientists with great promise who have recently been awarded their Ph.D.
Stanford University, officially Leland Stanford Junior University, is a private research university in Stanford, California. Stanford is ranked among the top five universities in the world in major education publications.
The research areas for awarding the fellowship are:
- Astronomy and astrophysics
- Biological sciences
- Earth and oceans (including ecology)
- Mathematics and statistics
- Physical sciences
- Stanford Science Fellow appointments will be for a three-year term, typically beginning September 1 and ending on August 31. However, start dates are negotiable and can be between July 1 and September 1.
- Fellows will receive an annual stipend of $83,000, (Rs. 61,56,500.10 approx.), benefits, up to $8,000 (Rs. 5,93,397.60 approx.) per year supplemental funds to support research and professional development, and a $2,000 (Rs. 1,48,349.40 approx.) relocation allowance.
- Fellows will be expected to participate in the SSF program’s community-building and professional development activities.
- Stanford Science Fellowships are intended for exceptional early-career scientists with great promise who have recently been awarded their Ph.D. (within three years of starting fellowship, but with no more than two years of prior postdoctoral experience) or will be awarded their Ph.D. by the start of the fellowship
- Candidates are sought who intend to pursue experimental and/ or theoretical research in any natural science discipline.
- Fellows will hold primary appointments in an academic unit in any participating school appropriate to their research interests.
- Successful candidates will have a strong record of scientific achievement, clear intellectual drive to advance scientific understanding, and a commitment to engage collaboratively with a diverse community of scholars and transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries.
- International scholars are eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the fellowship need to submit the following documents online:
- Curriculum Vitae (including publications, full legal name, contact information, and (expected) date of Ph.D., which must be received by the start of the fellowship).
- A cover letter.
- Three letters of recommendation; one letter from the candidate’s Ph.D. advisor is advised.
- A statement (up to 2 pages) about the candidate’s career goals, relevant experience, and how the candidate would contribute to the goals of the Stanford Science Fellows Program.
- A research statement (up to 2 pages) addressing the following questions: What is the research problem?; What could be accomplished on a 3-to 5-year timescale?; How can Stanford enable these accomplishments?
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is October 15, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020 at University of British Columbia, Canada [Stipend Upto Rs. 27L]: Apply by Nov 13.