Applications for the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program 2019 will open on April 22. Apply by May 28.
About Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship:
Reliance Industries Limited generously created the Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program to support Indian nationals living in India who need financial assistance in obtaining an MBA at Stanford.
The Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program provides future Indian leaders with the educational foundation to effect positive change in India. Fellows return to India to lead organizations that are at the forefront of growth and development in the rapidly emerging Indian economy.
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows, class of 2021, will receive financial support for approximately 80% of the cost of tuition and associated fees for each year of the two-year Stanford MBA Program.
- Within two years of completing their Stanford MBA studies, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are required to return to India to work for an Indian organization. Fellows must live and work in India for at least two years by the time they are four years out of the Stanford MBA Program.
- Upon their return to India, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows are integral members of Stanford University, Stanford GSB, and Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows communities.
Process and Evaluation Criteria:
- Apply for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program*
- Apply to Stanford MBA Program
- Attend Stanford MBA Program
- Return to work in India for at least two years
*If you are applying to the GSB for deferred enrollment, you must apply to the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program in the year prior to your enrollment. Important dates are listed below. For more information about fellowships and deferred enrollment, visit Deferred Enrollment.
How to apply?
Stage 1: Complete the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program Application.
Up to 50 Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows finalists will be selected based on:
- Commitment to developing India
- Financial need
Stage 2: Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program Finalists Complete the Standard Application Process for the Stanford MBA Program.
As part of the MBA admission process, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists must meet all Stanford GSB application requirements, including submission of GMAT or GRE and IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL if applicable.
Stanford may select up to three Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows each year from among the finalists based on our primary admission criteria:
- Intellectual vitality
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Personal qualities and contributions
|22 April 2019 – 28 May 2020||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program application available online|
|28 May 2019|
(5:00 pm Pacific Time)
|Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program application submission deadline|
|20 June 2019||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists notified|
|Round 1: TBD Round 2: TBD||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Program finalists prepare and submit Stanford MBA application|
|Round 1: TBD Round 2: TBD||Stanford releases admission decisions, including those for Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows|
|September 2020||Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows matriculate in Stanford MBA Program|
For any queries, use this contact form.
MBA Admissions Office, McClelland Bldg.
Stanford Graduate School of Business
655 Knight Way, Stanford, CA 94305-7298, USA
Telephone: +1 (650) 723-2766.