The Department of Zoology and Forensic Science, St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai is holding an Online Certificate Program in Forensic Science from July to November 2017.
About the College
St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, is one of India’s leading tertiary education institutions for Arts, Science and Commerce/Business.
Affiliated to the University of Mumbai, Xavier’s was the first college to be granted autonomy by the University in 2010. In 2006, India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded Xavier’s the highest rating, A+ (5-Star).
About the Program
The online program has a primary objective to make quality forensic education easily accessible by:
Facilitating distance learning for students interested in forensic science, living in different parts of India, with limited funds and / or access to good college level forensic programs.
Providing students interested in careers in forensic science a basic understanding of crime scene related forensic science practice, while they are studying other subjects at the graduate / post graduate level.
- Familiarising law enforcement professionals and law students with a basic understanding of forensic sciences, while allowing them the flexibility of a non-classroom teaching mode.
- An Introduction to Forensic Science
- Ethics and Research Methods
- Understanding the Indian Police and Legal System
- Crime Scene Processing & Investigation Techniques
- Forensic Instrumentation Techniques & Applications
- Impression Evidence
- Biological Evidence – Types, Handling & Analysis
- Medical Jurisprudence
- Role of Forensic Science in Counter-terrorism
- Emerging Trends in Forensic Science
Minimum HSC certificate or equivalent.
Course Fees: Rs. 15,000/- (by Demand Draft: The Bombay St. Xavier’s College Society)
Processing Charges: Rs. 500/- (by cash for domestic students)
Rs. 1000/- (by cash for international students)
(Online Payment options also available)
- Dr. Pushpa Sinkar (email@example.com, 022-22620662 ext. 355)
- Ms. Riva Pocha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms. Sejal Gupta (email@example.com)
- Ms. Alethea Vaz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kindly submit Scanned Filled Pre-application form via email to the above email addresses.